Good day mates and welcome to our penultimate journey around the world with The Simpsons. We’ve had one heck of a journey and all with me snuggling into bed with my phone watching episodes and taking screenshots.
The Simpsons have had their fair share of Travel Episodes and i really enjoy seeing the family get up to their casual antics in different cultures and I think it’s safe to say I’ve learnt a lot of stereotypical information about each country: UK is snobby suited men walking around in their waistcoats, Ireland is just leprechauns and drunk children and India is Bollywood dancers – right? 😉
Well today we’re off to a stereotype heavy but a classic episode (IMO) so fasten your seatbelts and enjoy your ride to Australia!
Today we are looking at “Bart VS Australia” which is S6 Ep 16. Enjoy …
Episode Synopsis (from Simpsons Wikia):
“In a way to spite Lisa, Bart makes a prank call to Tobias Drundridge, a naive Australian boy, which sparks international controversy.”
Have you noticed how the better the episode, the shorter the SimpsonsWiki synopsis? 😁
Boy have I been looking forward to rewatching this episode! Has to be my favourite travel episode due to it’s enjoyability. Where to start?
– Let’s start with the premise. I thought the reason the family was going to Australia was funny, original and clever. Heck, it got me laughing in the first few minutes. Plus, if was educational. I had no idea that toilet’s flush a certain way due to which hemisphere you’re in plus it lead onto some hilarious jokes later on and of course lead onto Bart prank calling Tobias which set’s this whole episode off. It just flows SO well – from toilet flushing, to prank calling, to the lawyer to ending in Australis – only The Simpsons could pull that off so well!
– I couldn’t count how many times I laughed at this episode. It has so many memorable and hilarious quotes …
– And every new character that they introduced into this episode was so well executed and developed that I wish some of them would have stayed to recur throughout the seasons.
– Plus, the voice acting of Phil Hartman (RIP) was, obviously, great for the lawyer character.
– Storyline was organised meaning that pacing was constant and you know how much that makes me happy 😉.
Such a fun episode that has to be somewhere in my Top 10 episode (maybe even Top 5!), great premise, hilarious jokes and the perfect pacing.
If I could have given 4½, I would. Little flaw: would have liked to see more Australian sightseeing with the family.
Content they could have added:
(See gallery for images of most items mentioned)
- South Pole Research Station
- Tobias’s house
- Boys Dad
- American Prime minister
- Australian City Theatre
- US Embassy
- American Style Toilet
- Cultural Centre
- Australian Pub
- Bar Owner
- The Booter
- Booting Australian Flag (decoration)
- Kangaroo NPC
- South O’ The Equator Gift Shop
As always items that I think have a VERY slim chance at entering the game (eg. Guest stars) are with a *.
Content they have added (from this episode):
Australia is one of the countries which surprisingly and not surprisingly isn’t featured in this event. I think it’s such a great and funny episode – that is a huge success with fans – apparently there was some Australian mixed reaction of hating and adoring this episode because of stereotypes, BUT I see no difference in exaggeration from this episode then to the other travel episodes.
I have a feeling that IF EA do a sequel event – which I have a suspicion they will – this will be a country they will visit (along with the UK and other missed countries *fingers crossed*)
Well thank you very much for reading this week’s installment in Around the World in 10 days.
Want to know what country we’re visiting next? Then check out the map:
We’re off to Brazil next week for our last trip!
But until then, let me know what you think of the post, “Bart VS Australia” and tell me which item you most want, from this episode, in the game. Enjoy the event and Happy Tapping …
And, here’s a GIF …
Because why not? 😁2